It’s competition time! T-VINE has 10 pairs of tickets up for grabs for Orhan Pamuk In Conversation, an evening with the Nobel prize-winning author at the Royal Festival Hall in London on Friday 15 September.
Turkey’s most famous writer will be talking about his latest book The Red-Haired Woman and the philosophical issues it raises. Set in Istanbul, Pamuk not only tells a great fictional yarn about a murder case, but he also uses his novel to critique society on its morals, politics, individual freedoms, and religion.
Pamuk will also take the audience on an audio-visual journey of his beloved city, as he chronicles the civilisations that have flowed into Istanbul and their legacy on this incredible metropolis. Hosted by the Independent’s Literary Editor Boyd Tonkin, it promises to be a very special and unique evening.
Tickets are on sale from the venue priced £15 to £20. But if you’d like to win yourselves a pair for free, here’s how:
Ten pairs of free tickets to see Orhan Pamuk In Conversation at the Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London SE1 8XX, on Friday 15 September 2017.
How to enter
For your chance to win, simply name the title of a book by Orhan Pamuk (hint: you have 19 to choose from!).
There are two ways to enter into our free prize draw:
Either like T-VINE Magazine’s Facebook page and leave your answer under the Orhan Pamuk competition post pinned at the top of the page; OR
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject line Orhan Pamuk Competition. If you are emailing your entry, please do also include your full name and daytime contact number. And unless you tell us not to, we’ll also add your email to our mailing list to receive T-VINE’s free weekly e-newsletter.
Those responding by Facebook are not required to give their full details on the public post. Should you be a winner, you will be sent a private message from T-VINE Magazine informing you that you have won and will be asked for your details as part of your prize confirmation.
The deadline for your competition entry is 11.59pm UK time on Thursday 7 September 2017. We will announce the winners on Saturday 9 September.
- There are ten prizes on offer. These consist of ten pairs of entrance tickets to Orhan Pamuk In Conversation at the Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, London, on Friday 15 September 2017.
- You must be 16 or over and reside in the United Kingdom to enter.
- Prizes are for entry to the event at the venue only and exclude other expenses including travel.
- The venue tickets are issued subject to the venue Royal Festival Hall, which is part of the Southbank Centre.
- There is no cash alternative.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. If you can’t attend, please let T-VINE know so we can offer the tickets to another pair.
- Only one competition entry per person.
- The winners will be selected randomly by T-VINE Magazine.
- Winners must claim their prize within 3 hours of being contacted. Failure to do so would render them disqualified and another winner picked.
- Unclaimed prizes will be offered to another entrant.
- The judge’s decision is final.
For additional terms and rules governing T-VINE competitions, please visit the Terms and Conditions on the T-VINE.com website, specifically Section C, clauses 51 to 59.
Main photo: Orhan Pamuk. Photo © Jerry Bauer