Turkey’s world renowned pianist İdil Biret returns to London to perform at the Cadogan Hall in London on 13 May. Titled ‘Mythical Trips to Romantic Lands’, the evening promises an ethereal atmosphere as Biret presents favourite works of two giants of the Romantic-era: Schumann and Rachmaninov.
The Full Programme
- Abegg Variations, one of Schumann’s most performed pieces.
- Fantasiestücke, written in 1837 and inspired by the works of Schumann’s favourite author ETA Hoffmann.
- Toccata, which demands breathtaking virtuosity, inviting the listener into Schumann’s vivid, magnificent universe.
- Variations on a Theme of Corelli, Rachmaninov’s final piece for solo piano (1931)
- Moments Musicaux (1896): Rachmaninov’s technically and musically most challenging and profound pieces are rendered as unique paintings in İdil Biret’s interpretation.
The concert is presented by Piu Entertainment and supported by the Yunus Emre Institute London.
About İdil Biret
İdil Biret has been performing globally since her professional debut at the age of 16 and has sold more than 3 million albums worldwide. The Turkey-born living legend has performed alongside numerous world famous orchestras including the Royal Philharmonic, London Philharmonic Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, Boston Symphony, Sydney Symphony, Tokyo Philharmonic, Warsaw Philharmonic and many more. She has collaborated with eminent conductors including Sir Adrian Boult, Sir Charles Mackerras, Hermann Scherchen, Aaron Copland, Hiroyuki Iwaki, Rudolf Kempe, Pierre Monteux and more.
Title: İdil Biret Biret – Piano Recital
Date: Sunday 13 May 2018
Start time: 7pm
Venue: Cadogan Hall, 5 Sloane Terrace, London, SW1X 9DQ
Admission: tickets are priced £15-25 plus booking fee, with concession for students
Tickets: buy online from Cadogan Hall
Artist info: idilbiret.eu