It’s been running since 1993, but this year the London Turkish Film Festival (LTFF) is being screened entirely online. As a result, many more people from across Britain and abroad can now watch their fabulous selection of feature films, documentaries and shorts at a time and place convenient to them. You can read more about it here.
The film festival runs until 6 December 2017, and LTFF has teamed up with media partner T‑VINE Magazine to give away fifteen vouchers – one for each ‘film of the day’.
Each day, we will run a competition based on a new film being screened at LTFF 2017. The winner can then watch the film for free online any time during the festival.
Today, for our first day, we have two vouchers up for grabs. See below for your chance to win.
The first is for the festival’s opening film, Orhan Pamuk’a Söylemeyin Kars’ta Çektiğim Filmde Kar Romanı da Var / Don’t Tell Orhan Pamuk That His Novel Snow Is In the Film I Made About Kars, which was streamed live last night (see trailer below). The film by Riza Sönmez is a Turkish comedy drama with English subtitles involving a blind singer, a barber obsessed with Orhan Pamuk’s novel Kar/Snow, three angels and a goose catcher boy.
The second voucher is for today’s feature, Kalandar Soğuğu / Cold of Kalandar, also in Turkish with English sub-titles (see trailer below). This award-winning film is set in Artvin, in the stunning mountainous region of the Black Sea. It’s a simple tale about an animal breeder who follows his passion even though his family believe it’s a lost cause, a touching portrait of a life of struggle and hardship, and the relationship between nature, animals and human beings.
To watch either film, just answer the question below correctly and let us know which film you want us to watch. All correct entries will be entered into our free prize draw giving you a chance to win a voucher.
Fifteen vouchers, each one to see one of fifteen different films and documentaries that feature in this year’s London Turkish Film Festival.
For your chance to win, tell us in which year did the London Turkish Film Festival first start?
How to enter
There are two ways to enter into our free prize draw:
- Either like T-VINE Magazine’s Facebook page and leave your answer under the competition post pinned at the top of the page; OR
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject line LTFF 2017 Competition Day 1. If you are emailing your entry, please include your full name and, unless you tell us not to, we’ll also add your email to our mailing list to receive T-VINE’s free weekly e-newsletter.
Winners will be informed either by email or, for Facebook entrants, by a private message from T-VINE Magazine informing you that you have won, along with your voucher code.
The deadline for your competition entry is 5pm UK time on Saturday 25 November 2017. We will announce the winners on Saturday night.
The LTFF 2017 Day 1 prize has two prizes on offer: a single voucher to an online screening of Orhan Pamuk’a Söylemeyin Kars’ta Çektiğim Filmde Kar Romanı da Var and another voucher for the online screening of Kalandar Soğuğu
- You must be 16 or over and reside in the United Kingdom to enter.
- Prizes are for a single online screening only.
- The vouchers are issued by the festival organiser the London Turkish Film Festival and there is no cash alternative.
- Only one competition entry per person.
- The winners will be selected randomly by T-VINE Magazine.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable.
- Winners must confirm their prize within 12 hours of being contacted. Failure to do so would render them disqualified and another winner picked. Unclaimed prizes will be offered to another entrant.
- The judge’s decision is final.
For additional terms and rules governing T-VINE competitions, please visit the Terms and Conditions on the T-VINE.com website, specifically Section C, clauses 51 to 59.